Quantcast

SecuRom - "A required security module cannot be activated."

SecuRom - "A required security module cannot be activated."

Usurp
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: SecuRom - "A required security module cannot be activated."

Austin English-2

SOME versions of Securom work. What version is this?

CONTENTS DELETED

Austin English-2

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: SecuRom - "A required security module cannot be activat

David Shaw-3
vitamin wrote:
> lampak wrote:
>
>> Hard luck :(
>> But how can I run Oblivion (from Game of The Year Edition) if it checks the disk even before being installed?
>>

> Install it on windows and copy it to Linux. Most games should work that way.

OK, now I'm confused.  I thought doing that was frowned on, due to the
problems of missing registry keys and dll's etc being put in weird
places and not getting copied over properly  :-S

David Shaw

CONTENTS DELETED

vitamin wrote:

> David Shaw wrote:
>
>> vitamin wrote:

>>> Install it on windows and copy it to Linux. Most games should work that way.
>>>

>> OK, now I'm confused.  I thought doing that was frowned on, due to the
>> problems of missing registry keys and dll's etc being put in weird
>> places and not getting copied over properly  :-S
>>

> Correct that's the problem for most regular programs.
>
> Games in most part are exceptions from this rule. They don't have too many registry settings and put all their dlls into game's directory.
>
> However this of course is not guaranteed to work - just something to try.

You learn something every day  :-)

Thank you for the explanation

David

Re: SecuRom - "A required security module cannot be activat

James McKenzie-2
vitamin wrote:
> lampak wrote:
>
>> Hard luck :(
>> But how can I run Oblivion (from Game of The Year Edition) if it checks the disk even before being installed?
>>

> Install it on windows and copy it to Linux. Most games should work that way.

So does the Bible program I am trying to fix.  The fixes have been
pushed to 1.2.0 as they are more extensive than originally planned.

This will not work for most of the regular Windows programs, mainly
Office type applications, as they build a bunch of registry keys and do
the dll toss.

James