Quantcast

msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet

msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet

Blake McBride
Greetings,

I have a Win32 app I wrote in C.  I compiled the source code for Wine
without a problem.  The app appears to run fine but it spits out:

      fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet

I checked all of my code and nowhere do I use WM_ERASEBKGND.  Can someone
give me a hint on how to get rid of this annoying message?

Thank you.

Blake McBride
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Re: msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet

Usurp
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet

Blake McBride
Thanks for the input but I' rather not requre every user of my software to
set an environment variable.  Since I have the source to my app isn't there
something I can change about my app to not do whatever is causing the
problem?

Thanks.

Blake
http://blake.mcbride.name

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:18 PM, jeffz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Blake McBride wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I have a Win32 app I wrote in C.  I compiled the source code for Wine
> > without a problem.  The app appears to run fine but it spits out:
> >
> > fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet
> >
> > I checked all of my code and nowhere do I use WM_ERASEBKGND.  Can someone
> > give me a hint on how to get rid of this annoying message?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Blake McBride
> > -------------- next part --------------
> > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>

> it's just an informational message, if you don't want to see it then set
> the environment variable WINEDEBUG to -all
>
> WINEDEBUG=-all wine foo.exe

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Re: msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet

James Mckenzie
Blake McBride wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have a Win32 app I wrote in C.  I compiled the source code for Wine
> without a problem.  The app appears to run fine but it spits out:
>
>       fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet

Do you change the background anywhere in your program code?

You might also want to look at the code generated by any pre-processors.

James McKenzie